The best community directories and research tools to expedite your search!
The following list of community directories and maps includes a variety of community types. This is a great starting place for exploring the wide world of intentional communities. Happy searching!
Intentional Community Directories
- Ic.org – Foundation for Intentional Community (FIC). Includes online and print directory book.
- Ecovillage.org – Global Ecovillage Network (GEN)
- GaiaEducation.org – Gaia Education for ecovillage-based learning experiences
- Ecobasa.org – Directory for community work-trade, mostly in Europe
- Cohousing.org – The Cohousing Association of the United States (CohoUS)
- Cohousing.ca – Canadian Cohousing Network
- Cohousing.org.uk – UK Cohousing Network
- Sagecohoadvocates.org – SAGE Senior Cohousing Advocates
- Seniorcoops.org – Senior Cooperative Foundation (SCF)
- Centersnetwork.org – Holistic Centers Network
- NuMundo.org – NuMundo is a network of impact centers
- TheFEC.org – Federation for Egalitarian Communities (FEC), income-sharing
- Coophousing.org – National Association of Housing Co-ops (NAHC)
- Nasco.coop – North American Students of Cooperation (NASCO)
- Coliving.com – “book affordable and hassle-free coliving spaces”
- Agrihoodliving.com – “Farm-to-Table neighborhoods”
- Transitionus.org – Transition Town US
- Transitionnetwork.org – Transition Town Network, global
- Searchtinyhousevillages.com – Directory of tiny house villages
- Diggersanddreamers.org.uk – UK network of intentional communities
Drop a comment if you think there is a community resource missing from the list. I’m looking forward to growing our collective knowledge of the movement with you!