Demystify the process with guidance from those already living in community.
Have confidence that you’re investing your time and efforts wisely and efficiently.
Visit intentional communities with clarity on your value as a prospective member.
Receive unmatched support from leaders in the intentional communities movement.
All while building supportive, lifelong relationships with community seekers from around the world.
Do you want to live in an intentional community where you can feel connected, supported and fulfilled?
The process of finding your community can feel overwhelming, long, confusing, and challenging — but it doesn’t have to be!
The Community Finders Circle is designed to give you the support you’ll need as you journey towards your dream life in community — be it an ecovillage, cohousing, coliving, housing cooperative, permaculture or spiritual community, or just a strong neighborhood.
Joining an intentional community can be a major life transition.
Although the process looks different for each person, the journey often includes:
- Road tripping to various communities
- Discovering the types of communities out there
- Experiencing a different culture (outside the mainstream)
- Selling or renting out your present home
- Navigating financial or career changes
- Learning new community living skills
- Tons of research and planning
- Ultimately deciding on where you want to call home
The journey can take weeks to years, with many ups and downs, as well as new discoveries about yourself and what is possible to create… sound stressful… and exciting???
The Community Finders Circle is crafted to ease your stress and boost your excitement 😊
By the end of this 3-month program you will have…
- Walked through a step by step process to identify what’s important to you in your community, clarify your expectations, and learn how to communicate your value to a prospective community
- Designed your communities tour or already have had visited several intentional communities
- Gained advice from leaders in the communities movement (your questions answered!)
- Met with community representatives for private online Q&A based on the interests of the group
- Heard the first-hand accounts of seekers turned happy residents
- Learned about the wide range of community types and discovered which type is best for you
- Gained confidence in your community skills and value as a prospective community member
- Refined your community list that builds on your initial Matchmaking session with Cynthia
Program participants join at different stages in the process, but all come with a desire for a more connected and purposeful way of life.
Meet Cynthia, your Community Matchmaker
After a decade of traveling, visiting, and working in communities around the globe, Cynthia has maintained an active network of well over a hundred intentional communities, including the one she calls home.
Formerly the Co-Director and now course instructor with the Foundation for Intentional Community, Cynthia’s passion is connecting people with the right communities, especially those who are new to the movement. She also founded Ecovillage Tours, was an officeholder on the Board of Trustees for the Global Ecovillage Network, and was Director of the youth ecovillage network NextGENNA.
Cynthia is here to remind you that your vision of living in a supportive community of like-minded people is totally possible.
Program participants receive:
- 1-to-1 with Cynthia once per month so you can work together to ensure you get the most out of your program experience and end up in the community where you most want to be
- Weekly emails with stories, tips, and self-assessments to keep you on track with your community goals
- Private group sessions with fellow community seekers, including networking activities, guest speakers, meetings with community representatives, and case studies
- Access to a library of resources, templates, guides, and useful content
- Private online forum for peer-support from program participants from around the world
- Personal introductions to partner communities (based on request and at discretion) to arrange tours and join programs
- Discounts to partner community visitor programs and educational experiences
At the completion of the program, graduates can opt to continue their membership on a monthly basis. This on-going support can be a great option for those who are still looking for community at the time when the program ends.
You deserve to live the life you imagine in a supportive, vibrant, and conscious community. It’s totally possible. Let’s work together to ensure you get there!
Rolling admission every several weeks based on available seats
$1500 (or payment plan of $600/month)
Engaged participants see the best results, especially those who are able to visit communities while taking the program. At minimum plan to spend 5-6 hrs in private and group sessions per month, as well as some hours completing assignments.
Participants may cancel anytime within the first month for a full-refund. No hard feelings. Let’s make sure you are happy and get what you want from the program!
Spaces are limited. Apply early to ensure your timely participation.
Participants are selected to join based on space availability and suitability for the program. If you haven’t yet had a Matchmaking Session with Cynthia you may be called for a phone interview.
Limited scholarships offered to those who may need financial assistance to attend. People of all backgrounds and walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Cynthia was masterful. She helped me clarify the intentional communities that fit me, better get to know them, and finally choose one that I’m now a member of. She also raised my cultural understanding of community living to help me launch a new chapter of my life. I have no doubt anyone in a community journey will find great value in her guidance. She is also a deeply warm thoughtful soul to work with.
— ALAN STILLMAN
With expertise, humanity, and intuition, Cynthia asked targeted and guided questions that helped lead me to define and refine what I am seeking in a community. She is personable, easy to relate to and steadfast in her knowledge of intentional communities. I wholeheartedly recommend her to help guide you in your search for a well matched community!
— JOIA HOLMAN
Cynthia proved to be an excellent ally in assisting me in my search for ecovillages and communities. She was super-knowledgeable, thorough, kind, thoughtful, and an excellent listener. She recommended several sites that I had not heard of, many of the which she had visited personally. I felt very inspired and hopeful after our session — her enthusiasm for the regenerative movement is very infectious and genuine, which combined with her experience and commitment made her a great helper for finding the best next steps forward for myself. Five stars!
— ADAM MORRISION
My session with Cynthia was wonderful. She arrived already very well prepared when we started. Due to her extensive community experience, she could offer many insights, provide useful tips and present selected communities to me that she had visited herself. The dialogue also helped me to reflect about what I am looking for in a community… I experienced a safe space where I could express my fears, hopes and expectations regarding life in community and received valuable feedback from on these. Cynthia as very passionate and committed to the topic, very attentive and tuned in to my perspective.
— ANTONIA VON HASSELL
Had an awesome session with Cynthia. The number one community she recommended looks like a perfect match. I could not believe I never heard of it, along with some of the others recommended. Out of potentially thousands of communities, Cynthia matched me with very similar values revealed on their websites. I am in the process of applying to visit the number one recommendation. I’m excited for that & thankful for Cynthia ‘s skills. Beyond well worth.
— TOMMY TEEPLE
The session went really well! I could tell that Cynthia spent some time reviewing my intake form to consider which communities would be best for me. She listened attentively as I described what I was looking for in a community. After she listened, she gave me a concise list of communities that she thought would fit my needs and explained why those communities would work for my needs. Thank you again for this reasonably priced and high quality service. Her recommendations should speed the process of me finding a wonderful Intentional Community to call home.
— GREGORY TEMMER
This is the program I wish had existed when I was journeying into community. My aim is to do everything I possibly can to ensure you have supportive experience while navigating the journey into community. I look forward to working with you!
Join the Waiting List
You’ll be the first to know once the program is accepting new applicants.